Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week or at the very least intend to celebrate National Donut Day! (Booyah!) You know your team at work needs a donut day after the week that they\’ve had. Seriously!
Fortunately, despite any type of week that you\’ve had, it is finally Friday. Hope you enjoy this week\’s installment of \”5 Things!\”
1) Hi-Ho had a really cute piece with great grandparents! I was fortunate enough to have met two of my great grandmothers but, sadly, we never talked about their favorite meals as children. That would have been such an interesting conversation!
2) D-Day was 75 years ago yesterday. Wow! One 97-year-old veteran decided to mark the day by recreating his parachute descent into France. I\’ll bet he\’s an interesting storyteller even beyond tales of the war. What a treasure and how brave to go jumping out of an airplane at 97!
3) Prepare for your weekly dose of \”awwww\”: It\’s not goats but baby bunnies… eek! You might have needed a second dose of \”awwww\” this week so here it is: This toddler was moved after hearing a violin for the first time. Adorable!
4) Did you know that the first female to earn her doctorate degree was Elena Cornaro Piscopia and she did so in 1678? (Gotta love Google doodles for the history lesson!)
5) I have been jamming to the band Switch\’s hit \”Symphony\” for a few weeks now and stumbled across this acoustic version that is pretty spectacular. Very apropos for this time of life and world history, I would say.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!