Happy Friday and Happy (early) Fall! Hope you all had an interesting week sort of like the folks who found televisions on their porches and lawns. I would like to think that I\’d be mildly amused like the folks who kept their TVs. What about you? A question, though: Where the heck did this person find so many old TVs? Alas, people only steal things from porches in my neighborhood!
Well, my friends, even if you didn\’t get a retro TV left on your porch (or, worse, had a package stolen), it is finally Friday! We can look forward to a restful weekend. But, first, check out these \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) This interview is in Turkish but the brand of funny does not need a translator. The first rule of journalism: Keep an eye on the microphone.
2) Check out the screentests for Perry Mason. Raymond Burr was obviously meant to be Perry Mason but as it turns out, he also tested for the role of Hamilton Burger. And thank goodness they chose Barbara Hale! I don\’t think the show would have been so well-loved with any of the other women who auditioned.
3) Sometimes texting the wrong number doesn\’t result in a confusing conversation about building plans (I\’m talking about you, James Veitch!). A kind person texted the wrong man about bringing his family a meal and the kindness just kept growing.
4) Jamie Oliver\’s Mushroom Stroganoff looks delish! Add a little brown rice and I\’m in.
5) Hey, and it\’s pumpkin season! How better to celebrate than with Cheesecake-Stuffed Pumpkin Bread? Growing up, a close friend\’s grandmother would make pumpkin rolls (plural, many times over) with cream cheese in the middle… absolutely divine! I\’ll bet this is a close substitute that will bring back fond memories.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!