Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week sort of like the employees in Idaho who just found out that, regardless of their position, the minimum salary would be $70K. That\’s a lot of spuds! Given that the cost of living in Seattle (where the company\’s HQ is located) is much higher, I\’m sure that was a huge boost to the Idaho economy.
Well, even if your boss doesn\’t want you to live a fulfilling life (and isn\’t willing to take a pay cut to see that happen), it is Friday. Yay!!! (Insert Kermit the Frog\’s flailing arms here.) Time to rock the weekend as only you can. But, first, check out these \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) How better to end your week but with a \”Yellow Submarine?\” Dare you not to sing-a-long… well, maybe it\’s not a good idea to sing if you\’re watching this at work. Wait until you\’re at home. 🙂
2) Netflix\’s series Unbelievable is both incredible and appalling all at once. Based on a true story, (You can read the Pro Publica piece here) the miniseries chronicles the story of 18-year-old Marie Adler (a pseudonym) who is raped in her apartment but not believed due to unfortunate circumstances. The rapist, of course, continues to terrorize women until two female detectives join forces and beat him at his own game. Warning: The series is rated TV-MA for content and language Frankly, it\’s about rape, though portrayed as tastefully as possible, with a lot of F-bombs. The show is definitely worth the watch if you can stomach it.
3) You needed another smile today so check out the teacher who wanted to make sure that a student with spina bifida didn\’t miss out on a field trip. He did a major kindness in a situation where a wheelchair wouldn\’t have been able to go. It reminded me of the song \”He Ain\’t Heavy, He\’s My Brother\” which just about sums it up, doesn\’t it? As an aside: I do hope that the school chooses more inclusive field trips in the future.
4) The Masked Singer is ba-ack! (Sorry, Babbo.) This week I successfully guessed the egg\’s identity, had no clue who the YouTuber ice cream guy was, and was stumped by a tree (lame tree pun intended). If you haven\’t checked it out: I\’m sorry that the judges are lame (Robin Thicke is a bit better than most) but this show is such fun to get text chains going with friends and to puzzle over with coworkers. And would someone, please, tell me who the tree is??
5) Forget Mensa! All Hail the Low IQ is a great article from Wired. My takeaway: Who cares as long as you\’re happy? Haha. I\’m one of the people who doesn\’t know her IQ and I\’m totally fine with that.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!