Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week. Sort of like the people who were able to get out their frustrations in pillow fight clubs… Unfortunately, I\’ve just broken the first rule of Pillow Fight Club but it\’s probably worth it. Now if we could only solve our arguments with a good pillow fight!
Well, regardless of how your week went (and whether you most satisfactorily decked someone with a pillow), it is Friday, my friends. It\’s definitely a good time to check out \”5 Things\” of interest to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) Prepare for some ultra-geekiness: How to tell accents apart. This is actually a guessing game that my mum and I play when we watch films or TV. We like to try and guess what accent they\’re portraying… or even their native accent when they\’re putting on a different accent.
2) This has got to be some of the best news I\’ve seen lately: A 7-month cancer drug trial was successful! Of course, there\’s a long road ahead with FDA approvals, etc. but what a step in the right direction. A Biology professor once told my class that we\’d see a cure for cancer in our lifetime. I\’d like to think that his prediction is coming true.
3) If you are an Amazon Prime subscriber, I highly recommend the original series Modern Love. In particular, the first episode titled \”When the Doorman Is Your Main Man.\” It\’s modeled after the New York Times article of the same name which is a great read even if you can\’t watch the episode. I love the interpretation of love and not just in the romantic sense. A great, heartwarming story.
4) Chicken (or turkey) is a big favorite in my family and I love this idea of using sweet potato for the crust! In the past, we\’ve just made the filling and served it over rice to cut down on simple carbs. The sweet potato would be a nice flavor complement with the added bonus of the extra vitamins.
5) And speaking of potatoes (sweet or otherwise), apparently, they\’re great for boosting athletic performance! It really makes a lot of sense knowing the electrolyte content of a run-of-the-mill white potato (namely potassium). Am I taking this as a license to swing by the drive-thru for french fries after my workout tonight? Absolutely! 😁
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!