Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the six (count them, SIX) young men who were adopted by one brave lady! One nephew at a time is about all I can handle but six boys at once? Permanently? She\’s a very special person!
Well, even if you have six boys in your house (and don\’t feel special), we\’ve hit the best day of the workweek! Time to sit back and check out \”5 Things\” to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) Just ran across this compilation of comedian Michael McIntyre\’s thoughts on holidays (vacations) and was in stitches. You know that you needed a giggle today!
2) I recently finished the book Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea and cannot recommend it enough! (I\’m passing it around the family to read.) Given the political climate and recent attempts to negotiate with North Korea, it\’s a very timely read.
3) It\’s official: Doing nice things for other people is actually good for your health! We all knew this but now science backs it up, too. A family member who works in the field of Psychology says that he often \”prescribes\” volunteering or something philanthropic for his patients.
4) You\’ll be gratified to know that the very first cookies ever baked in space have come back to Earth. What type of cookies, you might ask? Chocolate chip, of course!
5) Check out this very simple (and delicious) recipe for French Bread it makes two loaves! I don\’t even have that fancy slashing tool and both loaves turned out beautifully. One I turned into garlic bread (open-faced, toasted with butter and garlic) and the other I gave to the neighbors. Win-win!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!