Happy Friday and Happy Valentine\’s Day! Hope you all had a great week or at the very least have some yummy V-Day treats to look forward to today.
Of course, it\’s also Friday. I think you might be a little intrigued and perplexed but amused nonetheless by these \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) The Netflix documentary titled The Pharmacist is definitely worth a watch. We\’re all aware that opioid addiction is just getting so much worse in young people that it is incredibly deadly. After losing his son, one father decides to take it on. His drive to use his personal pain to help others is incredible!
2) While shopping with Mum recently, I found a funny little tea (coffee?) towel with my last name on it (right). The novelty of the thing made it a definite must-have although we needed to know why a cheese was on a tea towel clearly intended for coffee lovers.
After one of those research rabbit holes, I discover that Espresso Romano is indeed a thing. It is not, in fact, Italian (Italians with lemon in their coffee? Never!) and the origins are debated BUT it is nice to be associated with something else than cheese: \”Romano… as in Espresso Romano!\” instead of \”Romano… you know, like the cheese.\” Yeah, I realize that no one else is likely to get the reference but it could be a fun conversation starter!
3) I just love this Valentine\’s Day craft because it is so simple and the results are very satisfying! We (my young cousin and I) are going to try ours with beads, confetti, and pom-poms. It\’s going to be so much fun!
4) As it turns out, your accent for a second (or third language) is not as good as you think it is. Haha! This reminds me of the people who audition for American Idol and are clearly in need of some vocal training. We all need a little feedback!
5) Although I have (clearly) missed Go Red for Women Day, February is still Heart Disease Awareness Month! Be sure to drop in at the doc or pharmacy to check your blood pressure at least once a month. Stay well, my friends!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!