Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like those of us who allowed themselves to indulge in brand new books. One of these books is shared below… I\’ll let you know if the others are any good!
Well, even if you didn\’t guilt yourself into an \”It\’s February and time for a new book\” present or \”I earned a new book because of this week\” present, we have made it to Friday. (Yes, I used both of those rationales to justify adding to my personal library.) Time to plot your coveted reading time for this weekend and, oh, check out \”5 Things\” to get you through the day. Enjoy!
1) I just read a great book by Sheri Hunter called Daring to Live: How the Power of Sisterhood and Taking Risks Can Jump-Start Your Joy. Widowed at a young age, Sheri and her friends, The Dare Divas, take on some incredible challenges (jumping out of an airplane and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro among them) while they examine trust in God and the need for strong friendships in life. Each chapter has a \”dare\” that you can use to translate to your own life (maybe wearing red lipstick or trying a pottery class instead of jumping off a cliff into a river… eek!). Bottom line: Trust in God and take that leap (Ms. Sheri is talking to you: Jenn Romano!) Overall, an inspiring read from a very inspiring lady who has landed a movie deal from Paramount. Too cool!
2) Hair Love is by far one of the absolute best short films that I\’ve seen! It speaks to my curly girl\’s heart in a way that few pieces of art have ever managed. Not only is Hair Love a massive Kickstarter success, but the story also won an OSCAR! Well-deserved with a beautiful script and animation. Tissue Warning: Have a box nearby and enjoy! (Can I put more exclamation points in this paragraph? Yes… it\’s that good!!)
3) Here\’s something interesting: Did you know that there is a Global Wikipedia Competition and that a group of Israeli librarians won the latest prize? Brilliant idea to say the least. There\’s so much fake information online that it\’s nice knowing that the pros are on the case.
4) A very special group of young men sought to make Valentine\’s Day a little something extra for fast-food workers. What a great idea! Teaching young people how to show care to others and making said young people feel good about themselves in the process: Win-win!
5) Finally, there seem to be a lot of little ones who just adore Target. Another Target birthday party is both the cutest thing and hilarious. I hope that she gets her first job there at 16… And who knows? With passion for the brand like that, she could be one of the bigwigs someday! I\’ll mark my calendar to read THAT story in 20 years. 🙂
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!