Happy Friday, a blessed Good Friday (Happy Easter!) to you and Chag Sameach! Hope you all had a great week and managed to stay healthy. May you have all the ingredients you need for a nice Easter lunch and enough to keep you busy.
It\’s been a few weeks, huh? With all this craziness, I hope you\’ll take a few minutes to check out \”5 Things\” to amuse and entertain you while in isolation. Enjoy!
1) Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner have some great suggestions about how to pass the COVID-19 isolation: Old films! Even better if you watch one of theirs. Haha!
2) Remember hugs? How about this sweet little one hugging people at a Georgia outdoor event? It\’s enough to make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
3) For the baking-inclined (or those you can\’t find bread in the store), I LOVE this Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe! My family usually isn\’t too fond of any wheat products that I make. (Just trying to keep you healthy, guys!) However, they were on board with this one. It sliced well for sandwiches (fabulous grilled cheese!) and was super-delish toasted with butter. Adding this one to the recipe box…
4) 5 (random) interesting things around the web:
Previously undiscovered footage from Bletchly Park, the hub of the British Special Intelligence Service during WWII, has come to light. These are only a sample of the very exceptional individuals who fought the good fight during the war. If you haven\’t seen The Imitation Game, I highly recommend it!
Did you know that Prince Charles is an accomplished artist? Apparently, he prefers watercolors and has created some beautiful pieces.
If you need a smile (likely we all do), it\’s worth checking out the penguins at the Saint Louis Zoo. They are adorable as they try to make sense of the falling snow! More recently, another group took a VIP tour of the closed zoo.
Some Welsh goats took over a town while politely obeying the social distancing rules. Hilarious!
I have watched hours and hours of The Carol Burnett Show and somehow managed to block out the memory of Tim Conway as Elfin John. (Yes, I spelled that correctly.) Too funny!
5) Finally, 5 ways to celebrate Easter (online):
Pastor Rick Warren and Saddleback Church really excel at this internet church thing. You can catch the Sunday sermon anytime (it\’s streaming now). With locations all over the world, Saddleback\’s middle name (although unconfirmed) may very well be \”online.\”
Andrea Bocelli will be singing live from Duomo di Milano on Easter Sunday at 1p.m. EST.
And be with the ones you love with a Zoom Meeting, Facetime, Google Duo, etc. I don\’t recommend eating together on video (been there… it\’s weird!) but see each other and reconnect. Totally worth it!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Easter/Passover, everyone!