Happy Friday! Hope that you all had a great week or at least managed to spoil the mum (or motherly ladies) in your life even if that meant coffee over Zoom or a wave from the sidewalk. It is really cute watching the Mother\’s Day, birthday, and baby shower \”parades\” go down the street. People are getting really creative with balloons and streamers and even playing instruments!
Well, even if this week was not so fabulous and you\’re pretty much over the parade traffic on your street, we\’ve arrived at Friday. Time to plot your excuses to get out of the house this weekend and check out another carefully curated \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) All these collaborative music projects are so cool! Case and point these folks singing singing \”The Blessing.\” It\’s a bunch of people from different UK churches singing together from their homes. Great arrangement!
2) Of course, it\’s spring and I had to share more baby goats in pajamas. They are just so cute! Apologies to the folks who think that I\’m crazy for this one… you can skip to #3.
3) If you\’re in the market for a new book, check out Early Bird Books\’ suggestions based on what you read already. There\’s a good variety to choose from in this particular article. Even a suggestion for fans of Jane Austen or Agatha Christie among others.
4) Join me on one of my \”down the rabbit hole\” moments, won\’t you? This week\’s installment included rubber chickens. Why are they considered staples of comedy? After much reading, Modern Farmer\’s explanation seemed the most informed. The rubber chicken is possibly from the annals of comedic history centuries in the making. Leave it to farmers to know about chickens… comedic or not!
5) And speaking of comedy, I cannot recommend Jerry Seinfeld\’s Netflix special 23 Hours to Kill enough! Fellow mega-introverts will especially appreciate this set. It was also interesting to hear Jerry speak more openly about his personal life and family (i.e. mostly his wife). Oh, and the man does his own stunts. Wow!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!