Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week even though most of your internet search history was devoted to face masks and baking ingredient replacements. And, possibly, how to buy stock in Fleishmann\’s because everyone is baking their own bread. (Do they even sell yeast company stock?) Fortunately, it appears that the world is slowly reopening. We can begin to come out of hibernation albeit with some fashionable (yet mandatory) new face wear.
Well, we\’ve made it to Friday and a long weekend no less! Hopefully enough things are open again in your area so that you can make the most of it. Although, it\’s not a bad idea to check out \”5 Things\” first to amuse, intrigue, and inspire. Enjoy!
1) Jimmy Fallon and friends got together (remotely) to perform \”Under Pressure.\” Another fantastic cover with some unusual instruments in the mix!
2) If you were a fan of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (or maybe just a fan of \”choose your own adventure\” stories), you will love Kimmy Schmidt vs. The Reverend on Netflix. Kimmy is back just days before her wedding to Harry Potter… er… Daniel Radcliffe. But first, she has some loose ends to wrap up with Reverend Wayne before she can tie the knot. (Pun intended.)
3) The title of this article really says it all: \”Tired Of Self-Isolating At Home? NASA Wants You To Isolate In Russia For 8 Months Instead.\” Space: The ultimate quarantine! Seriously, though. You can actually sign up to participate. I suppose that extroverts need not apply. And, yes, I did consider it for all of 30 seconds.
4) Salon.com recently published an incredible article titled \”What our German grandmothers who survived World War II never talked about.\” Very well-written and worth even a second read. It\’s so important to tell these stories!
5) The pro chefs of Bon Apetit take on the grilled cheese sandwich. Yes, please! I love that more than one chef used Munster which is my favorite for grilled cheese sandwiches.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!