Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week and were able to indulge in that professional haircut, a trip to the department store, or eat-in restaurant experience that you\’ve missed over the past months. Slowly but surely, the world is coming out of COVID-bernation, my friends. The best part? I still get to work from home when I want. Woo!
Well, even if you haven\’t gotten a professional haircut (and that home color is still haunting you), it\’s Friday! Time to plan all the things that you\’d like to do as life gets back on track. Also, time to check out \”5 Things\” that are pretty cool. Enjoy!
1) In keeping with the trend of \”quarantine music\” Toby Mac and his crew recorded \”On Your Own.\” The song has great lyrics although one of the best parts of watching the video is seeing all the layers that go into such a rich sound. Very cool!
2) This otter at the Oregon Zoo is very particular about his camera angles. Make sure that you get his best side!
3) The Willoughbys is a HILARIOUS new family-friendly movie on Netflix. Based on the Lois Lowry book, the story follows the Willoughby children who try to extricate themselves from some of the worst parents on the planet. The animation is great as is the fantastic voice cast (Martin Short among them). Check it out!
4) A new-ish podcast from Dateline NBC is very compelling. Motive for Murder expounds upon the Dateline episode from 2019 where family honor leads to murder. The story is unlike pretty much every other true crime story that you\’ve heard this year.
5) Also, I\’m told that this chocolate chip cookie recipe from Joanna Gaines is one of the best in the world. Maybe once all the baking supplies are back in stock at my local grocery store, I can actually give them a try! 🙂
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!