Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week. Let this serve as your last-minute reminder that Father\’s Day is Sunday here in the US. There\’s still time to spoil your dad or the fatherly guy in your life.
Well, even if you absolutely spaced the whole Father\’s Day thing, no one can blame you. It\’s been \”a year\” already. Am I right? BUT it is Friday with a weekend to look forward to. So, sit back and check out some fun, interesting, and exciting \”5 Things\” this week. Enjoy!
1) In honor of Father\’s Day, here are some fabulous \”Dad Quotes\” from Twitter on The Tonight Show. Babbo, this one is for you!
2) The podcast 99% Invisible featured a really intriguing story about a highly photographed wall. The funny thing was that the people who built the wall never dreamed that their design would make such a splash. In the current culture, however, a lot of designers are taking our photograph/Instagram culture into consideration when they work. Great episode!
3) If you couldn\’t tell, I was listening to a lot of podcasts this week! Invisibilia dove into a bizarre stalking case that was just recently resolved. It\’s a mindblowing story with, fortunately, a happy ending.
4) This dorky person\’s dream is coming true: There\’s going to be (sort of) a 30 Rock reunion next month. Sounds like it could be fun to watch!
5) And, for Father\’s Day, here are some of the best films about dads since, well, it might be an indoorsy sort of celebration this year for most of us:
Mr. Mom (1983) – Michael Keaton is hilarious as the house husband while his wife is working full time. There are too many great one-liners in this one to keep track!
Big Fish (2004) – This one is a great story about the relationship between a father and a son. The best part is that Tim Burton used his imagination to bring the heartwarming and magical story to life.
10 Things I Hate About You (1999) – Think modern (1990s modern, anyway) Taming of the Shrew. In addition to the teen angst and romance, this film delves into the complicated relationship of a widowed father with his two (very different) daughters.
The Incredibles 2 (2018) – What is Mr. Mom was also a superhero? Oh, and his children are also superheroes and one of them happens to be a precocious baby. My favorite scene in this one is the raccoon fight. Hilarious!
Taken (2008) – For the action-loving dad in your life. Liam Neeson uses his \”very particular set of skills\” to rescue his daughter who is kidnapped in a foreign country.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Don\’t forget to do something nice for a dad this weekend.