Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the folks who caught sight of the Neowise comet. There\’s still time to see it, by the way, and test out that snazzy nighttime setting on your camera!
Well, even comets are not your thing, it\’s Friday. Woohoo! Time to retire this scorching hot week and hopefully grab some extra z\’s this weekend. But, first, please indulge in \”5 Things\” to hopefully tickle your funny bone and warm your heart. Enjoy!
1) Apparently, The Roots can make anything cool including ham and spam! While freestyling this week, Tariq managed to work both meats (if can you call spam meat?) into a Broadway parody as well as touch upon quarantine life and vacations. As only he can do, of course. Definitely impressed. If \”freestylin\’\” isn\’t quite your jam, check out \”What Are You Doing Wednesday\” including some cuties, a passive-aggressive breakfast, and a cringy confetti cannon incident.
2) Here\’s another funny for you: A real lawyer breaks down the accuracy of the court scenes in the film My Cousin Vinny. By the way, if you haven\’t had the pleasure of seeing My Cousin Vinny, it\’s currently available on Hulu! This is one of my favorite films of all time and I highly recommend watching it.
3) Yet another funny: The artist Banksy decided to promote face mask-wearing on the London Tube. As it happens, however, the folks in charge of cleaning the trains mistook it for run-of-the-mill graffiti! This seriously struck my funnybone. According to the article in the second link, they\’d like to invite Banksy back for a do-over. But does the elusive artist strike twice in the same locale? Only time will tell.
4) Check out a famous bread (only) bakery in Japan. The bakery is still going strong after about 76 years and sells out quite quickly. It\’s neat to see that the beautifully simplistic concept of a well-made loaf of bread is so popular. Okay, now I\’m hungry!
5) Lastly, here\’s a particularly chatty dog who doesn\’t seem to understand why the dang cat doesn\’t want to play. I think that the cat is just jealous, frankly.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!