Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week especially as an effective COVID-19 treatment and vaccine seem even closer than before. It is reassuring to know that the world\’s best minds are on the job. Even if we\’re not certain whether we can eat in restaurants this week.
Well, despite all the ongoing madness around us, we\’ve made it to Friday. And you know what that means: It\’s also time to sit back, relax, and check out \”5 Things\” to help get you to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) Vanity Fair recently enlisted the delightful Julie Kent (one of my personal heroes) to review ballet in film. She covers everything from The Rock in tights (how did I miss this one?) to the classic The Red Shoes. As an aside to friends who thought that I was crazy: I now feel vindicated for my dislike of Save the Last Dance and the dance audition that wouldn\’t have impressed the adjudicators for a prestigious dance program. My friends and I went to see that one in theater and all I can remember is feeling embarrassed for Julia Stiles.
2) Netflix\’s reboot of Unsolved Mysteries is the bee\’s knees! Sadly, neither Robert Stack nor Dennis Farina makes an appearance but the production staff really did a fantastic job crafting some mind-bending stories. The series begins with the mysterious death of Rey Rivera with a plot right out of a film script. Hopefully, the show will reinvigorate the leads like it had done in the past and these families can get some answers!
3) Princess Beatrice and her now-husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi tied the knot recently in a quiet ceremony. Her wedding gown was a (cleverly altered) 1950\’s Norman Hartnell creation once worn by her majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Could you imagine if your grandmother had a stash of fabulous frocks like that one? A girl can dream. Sigh.
4) In the spirit of making this isolation/quarantine society a little less terrible, Ben and Jerry\’s published a recipe for their edible cookie dough. This could be a really fun kids\’ activity on a hot summer day. Because everyone knows that eating cookie dough is a rite of passage… even better if it\’s egg-free!
5) This video truly needs no introduction. Prepare for your weekly giggle!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!