Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the marathon runner who got a little help to finish the race. That\’s one a heck of a good deed! Not many people would be willing to help someone finish a marathon. It\’s more likely that I\’d call them an Uber to go to the hospital.
Well, even if you were limping unaided to the finish of the week, Friday is finally here. Time to sip on something warm while you check out \”5 Things\” to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) This one is for my friend who loves Gerard Butler! He joins a long list of notable actors as he breaks down his career. In that really, really nice Scottish accent, of course. *Melts* Funny story: A few years ago she and I were on vacation in Scotland and she kept joking that we\’d run into him somewhere around Glasgow. Oddly enough, another mutual friend met him in a coffee shop back home. He was filming in New Mexico while we were across the pond!
2) Miami City Ballet dancer Kathryn Morgan offered some heartfelt encouragement for other ballet dancers who lose parts because of their bodies. Morgan recently resigned after being overlooked because of her \”size.\” This reminds me of Jenifer Ringer several years ago as well. (If you haven\’t read her book, it\’s excellent!) Weight is such a major element in ballet that I\’m glad these women are willing to talk about it. There\’s a lot of pressure to adhere to a specific standard for female dancers (for both good and bad reasons) and it can lead to unhealthy personal habits.
3) I don\’t know about you but I\’m already thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Namely cookies! The icebox cookies are a nice idea because you can mix the dough ahead of time and the recipes usually make a lot of cookies for gifts. Although, maybe cookie gifts probably won\’t be \”a thing\” in the time of COVID-19. They\’ll likely be dessert for the fam… not that they\’ll mind!
4) The Daily Meal has calculated the 101 best hamburgers in the USA. New Mexico snagged spots 100 and 63 (duly deserved). It makes me want to drive down to Hatch for a burger. Yum! Have you eaten any of the famous burgers in your state?
5) Warning: If you\’re a sensitive type, you can skip this one. A former Subway sandwich artist (literally what they call the position in job ads) caught a rather creepy image on video. Judging by the coworker\’s demeanor, I think there\’s a good chance that this one is staged. Although, it\’s still good for a set of pre-Halloween goosebumps if you\’re game!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!