Happy Friday! Hope that you all had a great week like pigeons everywhere who are applauding racing pigeon New Kim for raising up their street cred this week. $1.9 million for a pigeon. Holy moly! Personally, I\’d prefer shopping in the Neiman Marcus Christmas catalog with that kind of cheese.
Well, even if you only saw scavenger pigeons who left \”presents\” on your car this week, it is Friday, my friends! Time, again, to check out \”5 Things\” of interest to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) Binging With Babish has done something awesome! They made an \”omelette du fromage\” as a nod to one of my favorite cartoon episodes of all time. I cannot wait to try a legit omelette au fromage with Gureyere. Yum! You may now consider yourself let in on a family \”inside joke\” because we quote \”omelette du fromage\” whenever we make any dish that incorporates eggs and cheese. Sadly, I can\’t do the Dexter accent very well. Sigh.
2) Canadian moose have a road salt addiction
! Officials have warned motorists not to let the moose lick their vehicles because the large mammals have been known to party a little too hard.
3) A California man wanted by the FBI decided to channel his inner James Bond by attempting to flee with an \”underwater scooter.\”
4) Jane Austen has once again sparked pop culture interest with two new adaptations: Rom Com Modern Persuasion
launches December 18th on iTunes
(just in time for my annual Persuasion
re-read) and the CW network is currently developing an anthology called Modern Austen
. Can\’t wait!
5) Last Friday, I was so excited to see that the Google Doodle celebrated none other than the magnificent Maria Tallchief
! She was an incredible dancer and more than worthy of such an honor. If you get a chance, Larry Kaplan\’s biography of Maria
is worth the read.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Shameless plug: My Zazzle store now has some new designs just in time for Christmas! If you prefer to shop on Amazon, you can shop as usual using this link. It won\’t cost anything extra to support the writing that you enjoy!
Note: Currently, all royalties are going to support family members affected by reduced hours due to COVID.