Happy Friday! Hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving in whatever weird and wonderful form it took this year. Despite the events of 2020, we definitely have a lot to be thankful for. And we should definitely exercise our gratitude. Even science agrees!
Quick Note: This is the last \”5 Things Friday\” for 2020. December 1, 2020 is the start of the annual Advent Calendar. Be sure to subscribe to daily posts by using the \”Follow By Email\” link at the lower left of the page. \”5 Things\” will pick back up in January.
Well, without further ado, check \”5 Things\” to kick off your \”Black Friday\” with smiles and muffins. Enjoy!
1) Comedian JJ Barrows does a great set for her comedy special. It\’s also fun to hear one of my fellow GRITS (Girl Raised in the South) from South Carolina… even if the educational system leaves something to be desired!
2) The website Kitchen Confidante has managed to combine some of my very favorite things into one yummy muffin: Zucchini Oat Chocolate Chunk Muffins. Yes, please! One tip is to use a mandolin (watch your fingers!) or salad shooter to shred your zucchini. This makes the muffins nice and moist without having to expend too much energy cutting up zucchini.
3) From December 17-25, Jupiter and Saturn will align forming a \”conjunction\” on the 21st. According to Business Insider, this is a very rare occurrence with only two other conjunctions in the last 2000 years. Wow! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for some excellent photography opportunities.
4) Health.com recently featured a Cinnamon Roll Muffin recipe that also sounds like another good cold-weather treat. They are low in sugar with a healthy dose of fiber. Factor in a cup of tea and a good book for full effect!
5) If you\’re looking for a way to contribute to charities this year, check out Amazon Smile. Charities of all sorts can create wishlists on Amazon for actual items that they need. Any items that you purchase will be shipped directly to them. The search feature is great to make you aware of charities near you or all over the country!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!