Happy Friday! Hope that you all had a great week despite learning that a certain groundhog has predicted six more weeks of winter that would have happened anyway. Maybe it\’s the social distancing talking but it seemed like an even bigger waste of time this year. Can someone enlighten me as to why one might enjoy this tradition? (Genuinely would like to know.)
Well, regardless of the winter situation in your neck of the woods, Friday has come. Let us celebrate with dancing, singing, and \”5 Things\” to delight. Enjoy!
1) A professor from Harvard University recently outlined five (free) things that can make us happier. I\’m definitely on board with organizing errands and watching nature videos. What about you?
2) It\’s unfortunate to hear that Modern Persuasion (launching Feb 8th online) is not receiving rave reviews. Taking on Jane Austen is a pretty gutsy move. I\’ll probably tune in for the first episode out of pure curiosity.
3) Just when you think that you\’ve had enough \”COVID banana bread,\” Ashely from Baker By Nature just upped the ante. Check out Chocolate Banana Cake with Espresso Fudge Icing. Despair those brown bananas no longer!
4) Two dancers from Chicago\’s Joffrey Ballet appeared on CNBC\’s \”Millenial Money\” this week. I\’m sharing this because a lot of people ask about careers in ballet. The combined salary is interesting as is the length of one\’s tenure as a ballet dancer. They\’re young and already planning to retire before embarking on \”career part two!\”
5) Check out some amazing slime moulds (molds). Yup! You read correctly: It\’s slime mould (mold) and it\’s beautiful. Like shockingly beautiful!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!