Happy Friday! Hope you all had a wonderful week and that the good weather is forthcoming. It\’s been a windy spell here which is a bit of added havoc for allergy season. Staying indoors has been the name of the game!
Well, even if you, too, are allergy-plagued this week, we\’ve arrived at the coveted Friday! Time to sit back and dream of weekend plans (though likely indoorsy weekend plans) while checking out another \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) A week ago you likely awoke to scads of news alerts about the passing of 99-year-old Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. It is certainly sad for the family although he\’s lived quite a life! In tribute, Sky News recently presented a mini-documentary. It serves as a good supplemental piece for those of us who have been binge-watching The Crown in the past couple of years. If you have more time to sit and watch, here\’s a longer doc about Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip chronicling the first 50 years of their marriage.
2) Speaking of Prince Philip, you might be interested to know that he designed his own hearse in a partnership with Land Rover.
3) Allergy season always makes me crave comfort foods and chocolate, of course. Check out this Salted Dark Chocolate Tart recipe if you, too, are in need of a little comfort while battling the pollen. I love that it\’s essentially a massive truffle in a pie shell. Can\’t go wrong there!
4) Sadly, Darius, the world\’s largest rabbit, is missing and presumed stolen! Isn\’t he massive?! It definitely would have taken some skill to sneak this guy away. Hopefully (hop-fully?), poor Darius will be brought safely home very soon.
5) I received The Creative Writer\’s Notebook for my birthday last year and am absolutely hooked! The journal breakdown the writing styles of famous authors like Virginia Woolf and Stephen King and then gives writing \”assignments\” based on those writing qualities. It\’s been a fabulous way to keep up my goal of writing every day. I\’ve also been reading a lot more, having realized that I\’d never read anything by Kafka among others. Highly recommended for yourself or the writer/bookworms in your life!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!