Happy Friday! Hope that you all had a great week like the folks who discovered that they are relatives of Leonardo da Vinci. This would definitely be an interesting topic of conversation for dinner parties. Especially when *that* friend tells you that they traced their family back to the Mayflower. You could be like “Oh? Actually, I’m the descent of the famed artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci…” That’s a “drop mic” moment if ever I heard one. Just as good as “I walked on the moon!”
Well, even if you, like me, are stuck listening to that gloating Mayflower descendent brag about their relatives for the 50th time (thanks, inexpensive DNA testing!), we’ve made it to Friday. You know that means it’s time to sit back, grab your beverage of choice and check out another “5 Things” to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
- Our tribal friends from Pakistan were introduced to Mr. Rogers this week. It was a really sweet experience rediscovering the magic of Fred Rogers through their eyes. The man just exhibited such gentleness and kindness! We all need more Mr. Rogers. Wouldn’t you agree?
2) Archaeologists have found the 1200-year-old “hideout” of a deposed Anglo-Saxon king. Eardwulf of Northumbria was exiled, lived rather like a hermit in the caves, and then ended up a saint. It’s also rumored that he might have been Charlemagne’s son-in-law. Wikipedia has some interesting information about him if you’re so inclined!
3) Thanks to YouTube, I recently stumbled upon The Body Language Guy. His channel analyzes the nonverbal cues of celebrities and high profile people with a massive dash of wit. Learn something and get a good giggle in. Win-win!
4) Sorry (not sorry) if I’ve shared Biffy Clyro’s “Space” fairly recently. It’s the earworm of the week… So, there you go!
5) Lastly, I don’t know about you but I could definitely go for a baked brie right about now. I love that particular recipe because it doesn’t goad you into making homemade puff pastry (not happening, by the way). The author also offers a mini brie option as well as a bunch of filling ideas. Guess what my family is doing this weekend?
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!