Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the folks who work for Walmart, and now Target, who are getting their college tuition reimbursed. I just thought that this was the coolest thing and sort of wish my employer would have done the same way back when I was slaving away at retail jobs to pay for my school books.
Well, even if you are still sitting on school loans that never seem to end, it is Friday, my friends. And you know what that means: It’s time to sit back with your favorite iced beverage and check out another “5 Things” to make Friday go by a little faster. Enjoy!
1) A while ago a family member shared this song by a band called Polyphia and I was just blown away by the arrangement of the music as well as the talents of the musicians. Holy moly! It’s also nice that they didn’t mar their artistry with lyrics. My brain is still trying to work out some choreography. I’ll report back if I come up with anything good.
2) Amazon recently announced the release date for their The Lord of the Rings series (Sept 2nd). I’m curious to see it even if they haven’t settled on a name as yet. Interesting, no?
3) Having been the victim of package thieves more than once, I was definitely onboard with making AI to fight them. Of course, it would have been cooler if the porch steps also turned into a slide like some Looney Tunes cartoon but, hey, I’m sure the budget was tight. Cool stuff and a great example of how to creatively use a Raspberry Pi!
4) Tech scam warrior Jim Browning was recently the victim of a pretty involved scam, himself. Fortunately, everything is back to normal now. He also made a video outlining what happened and how to avoid it.
5) Lastly, check out this great garlic noodles recipe! I made it last weekend with a shredded rotisserie chicken and pot stickers (frozen ones… I’m not that fancy). Delish!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!