Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the folks at Poly Network who managed to persuade hackers to return some of their crypto currency. Hackers apparently stole over $600m in crypto making it the biggest heist in history. They’ve graciously returned a little less than half as of last reporting. Can you imagine sitting on $300m? Holy moly!
Well, even if it wasn’t your crypto but your time this week that was stolen this week by those pesky things that make you wish it was Friday, you’re in luck! You’ve made it, my friend. Time to sit back, relax and check out “5 Things” of time well spent to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) One of Amazon’s new originals really caught my interest this week. The series ‘The Pursuit of Love’ tells the story of two cousins who take drastically different paths in life pre-WW2. It’s surprisingly witty and fun with a flighty Lily James and “The Bolter” Emily Mortimer. Highly recommended!
2) Check out one of the cutest stories you’ll read this week: These two met on a cruise ship just like Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr in ‘An Affair to Remember!’ A lovely story. I’m so glad they saw fit to share it!
3) Here’s a funny: Actor/comedian Sinbad wasn’t in a movie called ‘Shazaam’ and a lot of people confuse him with Shaq! The “Mandela Effect” apparently makes a lot of folks “remember” a film that never happened and Sinbad’s kids want to set the record straight.
4) If you’re looking for a fun new podcast, Florida Men on Florida Man might just be for you! Each episode features three friends discussing the best of “Florida Man” stories. If you weren’t aware the meme “Florida Man” comes from all those crazy stories that begin with those two words. And there are some doozies!
5) Lastly, shameless self promotion: If you are looking for a new book to read, ‘Just in Time’ hits Amazon Kindle next Thursday. You can pre-order your ebook now or wait for the paperback version to become available for order on August 19th. You can even enter to win a copy!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!