Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the 83-year-old woman who was technically saved by her cat after falling into a ravine. Admittedly, this story made me think of a certain Chevy commercial. And, yes, I looked but the cat’s name is Piran and not Lassie. You can’t have everything, I guess!
Well, even if you still feel like you’re in the ravine that was this week, it is Friday! You know by now that it’s also time to sit back, turn down your earbuds just a tad (you’ll see why in a second) and check out “5 Things” to get you through the day. Enjoy!
1) Life has just been stressful. I think that pretty much everyone could agree. Which is why I have turned to a 90s throwback for a little psyching up this week. You know you needed it, too!
2) “Scambaiting” has become part of the internet lexicon as more and more talented “hackers” protect the innocent where law enforcement either can’t or won’t. A similar group of “vigilantes” has now taken to Tik Tok dealing with those who choose to make threatening or otherwise explicit comments. Definitely interesting to see what comes about in the wild west of the internet.
3) Prepare for some cuteness overload: This little guy was found motherless in Windermere and was rescued by the local RSPCA. Happily, latest reports are that he is doing well and melting hearts wherever he cuddles.
4) Amazon Prime recommendations recently pointed me to an interesting movie called The Brass Teapot. It’s the crazy story about an antique teapot that produces cash but only if the owner causes him/herself physical harm. A unique tale with a great “moral to the story.” Highly recommended!
5) There are some interesting emojis available these days that make you ask “why?” The BBC delved into the unique story of one such emoji. It definitely gives one a new appreciation for the thoughtfulness of emoji designers.
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!