Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the folks who had Tom Cruise land in their garden. My! That’s a first date/cocktail party story for the ages. And they have photographic evidence as well. Very cute!
That being said, please keep the families of the servicemen killed in Afghanistan this week in your thoughts and prayers. One can only presume to imagine the added pain thinking that their loved ones would be home soon only to learn of such a tragedy. Praying for Afghanistan as a whole is a good idea as well. I can only imagine that some of the propaganda going out to assure the people that there would be peace and equality is much like that of Marxist Germany and the Soviet Union once upon a time.
Well, despite the turmoil in the world, we can happily say that it is Friday, my friends. Hope you can give yourself a little bit of a break today with “5 Things” to delight and amuse as you look forward to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) Would you send a more attractive and charming lookalike to your high school reunion if you could? This guy did! While it seemed to go over well for the most part, I’m not sure that lying to everyone was such a great idea. Maybe framing it as a prank would have been a better tactic. What do you think?
2) Check out five international egg recipes. I thought that it was funny that I eat a lot of Indian food but had no idea about the country’s own eggy dinner recipe. Can’t wait to give it a try!
3) Speaking of food, I owe a debt of graditude to blogger Natalia from Feeding Bytes for the idea to do fun food taste tests! My family has one of the pickiest (if not the absolute pickiest) eaters in the world and these “challenges” have been a godsend. What started out with different flavored Oreos has branched out into bread, cheese, veggies, and fruit. Each week features foods along a different theme. The whole family takes part in guessing the flavor or variety of food and then rates each one on a scale of 1-10. The picky one has been so much more inclined to try new things. It’s a win! Not to mention that the rest of us are having a good time, too.
4) Podcaster Ian Coss recently decided to delve into his family’s extensive history of divorce with Forever is a Long Time. His family was really lovely to sit down and speak to him so candidly. If all the divorce talk isn’t for you, at least listen to the last few minutes of Episode 5 where you hear Ian and his wife’s vows from their wedding day. They are a beautiful reminder that love is a choice, not a just feeling. Gorgeous!
5) Last but certainly not least: You know that you’ve always wanted to impress your friends with edible holographic chocolate. Have no fear, EmmyMade has the recipe/technique for you!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
My novel ‘Just in Time‘ is now available in ebook and paperback. Get yours today!