Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the WWII vet who just turned 112! The dear man’s advice? “Serve God and be nice to people.” That sounds like a winner.
Well, even if you feel like you’ve aged 112 years this week, it is Friday! Time to stare dreamily off into space as you contemplate some restful weekend activities. But, first, do check out another “5 Things.” Enjoy!
1) In tribute to the late, great Norm MacDonald, please enjoy the “Moth Joke” that may or may not have been commandeered from his driver. It’s one of those jokes that you have to commit to for the long haul. However, it seems to really show the comedic spirit that is Norm.
2) One YouTube channel that I’ve been hooked on lately is that of Peter Santenello. This guy travels to places that many of us might be afraid to tread. Even within our own countries! The beauty of it all is that he befriends the locals to get the real story from Iran and India to “the projects” in the heart of NYC. All the stories are respectfully portrayed as well!
3) One of my favorite films called Bedazzled (Brendan Fraser, Liz Hurley) is now available free with ads on YouTube. Brendan plays a guy who isn’t quite living his best life and pines after a woman who barely notices him. In steps the Lord (Lady?) of Darkness who agrees to give him wishes in exchange for his soul. It’s a good movie for dorks or to fall asleep to. Whichever you prefer!
4) Do you happen to like chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) and saving money at mealtime? Pro Chef Dan Giusti uses the canned beans to make four meals at $2 per serving. Very impressive!
5) PBS’ show ‘We’ll Meet Again’ is a lovely reunion show with some incredible history mixed-in. Host Ann Curry learns about why two people lost touch after some important historical events. Then the show tries to help them reconnect. Tissues are suggested while watching this one on PBS or Amazon Prime!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!