Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like Ms. Dottie Schneider, age 95. Not only did she have a dream vacation at the beach but she also got carried there by lifeguards. Don’t you just love it when the younger generations show care to elders? Such a sweet story!
Well, even if the fall chill has you wishing for a beach vacation (with or without cute lifeguards) right now, it’s Friday, y’all! And you know that means it’s time to crank up the space heater and check out another “5 Things.” Enjoy!
1) A recent two-parter from the podcast Heavyweight really caught my ear. It’s a story that took multiple years to construct because the initial premise opened one heck of a rabbit hole. The episode “Justine” introduces us to a woman whose father was prone to “fish stories.” Justine sets out to discover whether any of the stories could be true. Then, the episode “Stephen” takes a total and dramatic left turn into her brother’s experience in the aftermath of these investigations. To avoid spoilers, I’ll just say that Stephen’s perspective when all is said and done is truly inspirational.
2) For those of you looking to pre-game your Halloween frights, check out the podcast Full Body Chills. The stories “read” a little bit like R.L. Stine and aren’t too scary. Just enough to entertain- and maybe give you a chuckle!
3) North Farmington High School in Michigan encourages their seniors to dress in costume for school ID pictures. They are a clever group of students, to say the least!
4) Could Cal Ripkin, Jr., Kevin Costner, and a game-postponing power outage be at the center of a major league conspiracy? The podcast The Rumor hopes to find out once and for all. I talked to a couple of my friends who are baseball fans. None of them remember the postponed game or subsequent rumor. Do you remember this story?
5) Lastly, you know that you could use a little fall comfort food. How about an apple tart for one? Delish!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!