Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the gent who is living every bookworm’s dream after finding a secret passage in his library. Can you imagine how much fun that would be? Add that one to the life goals list: Buy a house with a secret passage in the library!
Well, even if your house doesn’t have a cool library with a secret passage, you can rest assured that it is Friday, my friends! That also means that it’s time to check out another “5 Things” to make the day go by just a little faster. Enjoy!
1) Just sharing “Build Me Up Buttercup” by The Foundations because it’s a good “get going” song for the morning. It’s also been stuck in my head quite a bit this week. You’re welcome! 🙂
2) If you’re a Hulu subscriber who enjoys dramedies, the miniseries The Unusual Suspects will be right up your alley! Think Devious Maids in Australia but a bit less “soapy.” The writing is very clever with an amazing cast. A word of warning: This one is not family-friendly but perfect for a cuddle on the couch with a glass of wine after the kids are asleep.
3) Check this out: This guy made a “piano” out of popsicle sticks! It is one of those scenarios where you marvel at both his ingenuity and the fact that he had time to devote to this project.
4) On one of those infamous internet rabbit hole sessions this week, I came across “the other Prince William” (Prince William of Gloucester) who is actually Queen Elizabeth II’s cousin. Definitely a risk-taker/adventurer who met his end at a tragically young age. And, in the aftermath of his uncle’s abdication/marriage, he ended his own “ill-advised” romance. He was an interesting character who seems to have lived quite thoroughly during his short life. The sort of person who has probably inspired more than one romance novel hero, I’m sure!
5) Last but not least, I wanted to re-share a family favorite recipe: Martha Stewart’s Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins! We made them in an oversized muffin tin over the weekend with the addition of dark chocolate chips in the batter. Delish! Highly recommended with a cup of chai or your hot beverage on a cold day.
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!