Happy Friday and Happy 2022! Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year as well as a great week like the Vancouver Canucks staffer whose life was saved by a fan. Pretty incredible when you think about how observant this woman was!
Well, even if your week was nowhere near as life-changing, it is Friday, my friends! And that means it’s time to get back to our usual “5 Things” to make your day go a little more smoothly. Enjoy!
1) Can you cover a cover? Well, Toni Cornell, daughter of Chris Cornell, definitely did! Here’s her version of her dad’s cover of “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
2) For a daily dose of art, design, photography, etc., the website Colossal has quite the collection. I particularly enjoyed this recent project called Beneath the Bird Feeder with its delightful cast of characters. They all look like they’re posing for the camera!
3) You know when you buy and car and you suddenly realize “I should have bought the white one!” Well, there’ll be no more color regret with BMW’s latest paint technology. It’s wild to think that, yes, you could change the color of your car. And forget where you parked it because you forgot which color you’d used that day. Maybe I’m projecting a little!
4) Laura Ingalls Wilder fans may be gratified to know that her books are scientifically accurate. If the researchers are taking suggestions, the only thing that I want to know next is whether you can make candy with snow and molasses.
5) Last but not least, I recommend buying yourself a new notebook! There’s just something about a fresh bunch of pages just waiting to be filled with stories, poems, drawings, lists– whatever you fancy. Besides, it’s great to sit down every few days or so to pour out some thoughts or get in a little doodle therapy. New year, new notebook!
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!