Happy Friday! Hope you all had a wonderful week like the three children who were saved by a brave bystander and the swift actions of first responders. Wow!
Well, even if the rest of us weren’t able to do something so heroic this week, it’s Friday! You know that means it’s time to whip up a hot beverage and check out another “5 Things.” Enjoy!
1) Spotify recently recommended the podcast Cheat! and it has been an interesting listen! All the stories, as you may have guessed, have to do with cheating in some form or another. From falsifying test scores to feigning a chronic illness, the podcast delves into the how and (sometimes) the why.
2) Speaking of podcasts, my old favorite 99% Invisible presented a series of small stories this week. My favorite? The inception of a “jazzy” paper cup design from the 90s! You’ll probably remember it as soon as you see it.
3) If you need a new film to watch, check out Love Type D. When one repeatedly gets dumped, it’s got to be a genetic trait. Right? After buying into this hypothesis, one woman and her other predisposed coworkers set out to reverse the gene’s effects. Hilarious in just the right ways and sort of an anti-RomCom.
4) Oreo is celebrating 110 years (wow) with a special new flavor! It’s crazy to think that the brand has been around that long across so many generations. Very neat!
5) And, if you’re feeling particularly nerdy, this article on historical sleeping habits is so interesting! Did you know that people used to sleep in two shifts? I, for one, am thankful that we don’t have to do that. What do you think?
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!