Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the San Francisco neighbor who made pancakes and a lot of new friends. I just want to request that he add chocolate chips for the next get-together and I’ll bring a frittata!
Well, even if no one made you pancakes this week, we’ve gotten all the way to Friday, my friends! And you know that means it’s time to pull up a plate of griddle cakes with plenty of syrup and check out another “5 Things.” Enjoy!
1) One of my favorite foodie YouTube channels recently put out the call for favorite oatmeal (not pancake) toppings. It was so interesting to see the many savory recipes similar to grits recipes in the South. If you know me, you’ll know that I’m OBSESSED with oatmeal and eat it several times a week. Check out my recipe here. I’m going to find some white cheese this weekend because I’ve got to give it a try!
2) A new crime dramedy called Framed! (Incastrati in italiano) has hit Netflix and it’s a lot of fun. I kept thinking that the two main characters were sort of like a modern Bob Hope and Bing Crosby duo. All against the backdrop of beautiful Sicily! Note: Yes, it’s in Italian but you can read subtitles or opt for English dubbing.
3) A study has found that human perceptions of color with relation to emotion are largely universal. For instance, pink and red represent love and colors in the blue and green families represent things like calm and contentment. Pretty cool and I’m sure that marketing pros are relieved! 🙂
4) Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Netflix debuted a bonkers documentary called The Tinder Swindler. Basically, this guy wined and dined women he’d met on the Tinder app through a bizarre dating scheme where he “borrowed” thousands of dollars from his many girlfriends. Absolutely insane but major kudos to the women who facilitated his takedown. (And shame on you to the government officials who let him out of jail so soon.)
5) And, for a Valentine’s treat, check out The Pioneer Woman’s cookie recipe. I think these would be fun to make with kids because of all the sprinkles and kisses.
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and don’t forget that Valentine’s Day is Monday!