Happy Friday! Well, it\’s been a good week out West. The scorching summer temperatures is finally dropping a couple of notches. We\’ve even seen quite a bit of rain (a treat for us desert folk) even though I\’m sorry to hear it\’s the same storm system that wrecked some havoc in Louisiana. Please do keep those in beautiful Louisiana in your prayers… they\’re having a rough time even in areas that were never in a flood zone before.
And then be sure to check out \”5 Things\” that seemed interesting this week:
1) Need a smile today? Check out this super cute dance video from Yak Films to \”Basement Party.\” Apologies in advance for a tad bit of \”language\” but the dancing is great.
2) For those of you who want to help the struggling folks in Louisiana, Nola.com has some great options even if you can\’t show up. And the Red Cross is a great option as well.
3) To be candid, I\’ve never been a huge fan of Elle magazine (just have never been their demographic). However, I am a fan of their advice columnist E. Jean\’s delightfully wicked sense of humor. And her summer reading book list is perfect.
4) The site Levo has had some pretty good articles of late. One of my favorites is \”5 Lessons I\’ve Learned From People On the Subway\” (and not just because it has the number \”5\” in the title) by Kelsey Manning.
5) Check out this cool recipe: Roasted Zucchini and Black Bean Tostada. Yum, yum, yum! And if you\’re not a fan of cumin (I\’m not, anyway), it\’s also good without the spice. The veggies and salsa have a lot of great flavors on their own.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!