Happy Friday! Hope you had as great a week as the guy who chose Pope Francis in his Celebrity Pastor Fantasy Draft. (Is that pick even legal?) Or maybe as great as these folks who entered an elevator and had no idea what would happen next. How fortunate that we\’ve made it through a looooong, short week to the weekend, again! I hope you enjoy this installment of \”5 Things\”:
1) Did you know there was such a thing as a World Livestock Auctioneer Championship? Intriguing and I appreciate how they break it down for us laypeople just a little bit. I feel more enlightened already!
2) Season 3 of the Serial podcast is (finally) set for release on September 20th. I don\’t feel like season 2 was as gripping as the first but will make an effort to at least listen to the new episodes with a measure of optimism.
3) Has the Twitter era ruined our reading skills? According to The Guardian, it has made \”skim reading\” a new trend. Not hard to believe but it makes me sad! Yesterday was National Read a Book Day, so I hope that means that all is not lost.
4) A 99-year-old man in Rochester, New York is putting us all to shame by walking 6 miles a day for an incredible reason.
5) Here is an absolutely valuable piece of your education: How to say \”Cheers!\” in 70 countries around the world. I\’m going to have to learn some more of these.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!