Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the gentleman who won the lottery on the way to his last round of chemo. Talk about a feel-good story! Even if you didn\’t get some awesome news this week, though, it is Friday. You can now sit back with your fun-size candy bar from Halloween and check out another \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) The Royal Opera House published a super-cool video this week about \”Ballet and the brain.\” I\’m actually excited about this piece because a lot of younger dancers often ask how to get better at learning choreography. It will be a helpful teaching tool in the future.
2) If you have a Netflix subscription, please watch the episode of My Next Guest where David Letterman hosts Shah Rukh Khan! SRK is so charming and intelligent that it is a truly lovely interview. (I don\’t even like David Letterman and it was still good!) If you\’ve never seen one of SRK\’s films, allow me to recommend Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
3) Speaking of Netflix and films, apparently changing the speed on a film is the equivalent of asking a chef for ketchup. Netflix toyed with such a function on their Android app and caused a bit of an uproar. Confession: I have pressed fast forward a few times when a film seemed to go too slowly. A director\’s worst nightmare. Oops! Just for the record, I\’m totally fine with people speeding up my choreography. It would be kind of funny.
4) Time for a bit of a chuckle (and maybe some perplexed awe) with the \”Random Instrument Challenge\” and Emma Thompson! She is oddly talented with random instruments. I also consider this a cautionary tale for anyone who wants to attempt the kalimba.
5) Last but not least, congratulations to the Washington Nationals. That final game was pretty spectacular because the Nationals and the Astros were so well-matched. I love how they both won games in each other\’s cities, too!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and stay warm!