Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like the family who received a hefty inheritance from their late grandfather and a kind stranger who returned it! Can I just say that I hope they gave him a reward?!?! Either way, what a good, honest man. Wow!
Well, even if you didn\’t have a nice windfall this week or get a snazzy thrift store couch with a surprise inside, it is Friday. Thank goodness! Am I right? Time to plot how late to (try to) sleep in on Saturday but, first, you\’ve got \”5 Things\” to get you through the day. Enjoy!
1) Thanks to some poor reviews at the time, I never bothered to see The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie (now on Netflix). Sure, the film has some flaws but the story itself is pretty, darn clever. Depp is, as usual, fantastic AND Timothy Dalton makes an appearance! If you like a thriller with some humor, you\’ll probably appreciate this one, too.
2) Check out one of the sweetest (and most elaborate) pranks from Michael McIntyre\’s Great Big Show: \”Soap or Nope.\” Haha! I don\’t want to spoil it for you so please take the time to watch. 🙂
3) I\’ve been just a little hooked on this song from Hillsong United: \”Good Grace.\” If you hadn\’t heard it yet, it\’s a good tune to sing at the top of your lungs in traffic.
4) This RadioLab story about WWII was published in August but it is a story that I (and probably most of the country) had never heard before. Weaponized balloons were, apparently, a thing! The journalists reporting on the story are appalled that the government would keep such a such. Personally, I\’m a little ambivalent: There was so much panic over Communism during the Cold War and the various \”threats\” thereafter, that it almost seemed like the best decision with the information that they had at the time.
5) Last but not least, here are some ideas for feeding our bird friends in the winter! We\’ve had so many interesting species grace the backyard this winter (including some gorgeous, speckled woodpeckers) that I really want to give at least one suggestion a try. That and I want to invest in a really good camera for next year\’s migration. Believe me when I say that these birds were a treat but the cell phone camera couldn\’t do them justice.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!