Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great week like Randy Backman who got his guitar back after 35 years. It looks like a happy reunion and they lived musically ever after!
Well, even if you still haven’t found those prescription glasses that you put down a few minutes ago (true story… where are those darn things?), it is Friday! That means it’s time to check out “5 Things” to amuse and delight while you wait for the weekend to creep ever closer. Enjoy!
1) Radio Lab’s latest episode titled “Of Bombs and Butterflies” is brilliant! I’m not going to give anything away on this one. It’s just an interesting listen and totally worth your time today.
2) So, apparently, a certain drug lord had a fondness for hippos and now they are a nuisance in Colombia. Just one of those odd stories that caught my eye. Who would have thought that hippos could be an invasive species?
3) Check out a beautiful piece of choreography for 126 differently able dancers in honor of the Paralympics. It is gorgeously crafted and reinforces that anyone can dance. Love, love, love this!
4) A seashell-encrusted sword, estimated to be about 900-years-old, was located off the coast of Israel. The sword is believed to be from the Crusades but now looks like something from the Flying Dutchman.
5) If volunteering during the time of COVID-19 has proven difficult, have no fear. Points of Light is here! The website features some great virtual volunteer options for a variety of interests, skills, and career paths. Many of them are about actually helping people without needing to wear a mask.
Okay, that’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!