Happy Friday! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and a great week. April is here in full swing and I hope that means that the weather near you is a little more bearable. Maybe you\’ve been able to enjoy some flowers blooming and birds singing as well.
\”5 Things\” is ba-ack! Check out some great music, fun surprises, and some other great reads to get you through to the weekend. Enjoy!
1) During the last year Gary Barlow of Take That kept YouTube entertained with a regular series called \”The Crooner Sessions.\” The duets (and sometimes trios, quartets, etc.) featured some familiar faces and voices. Check out the classic Take That track \”Rule the World\” with Ella Henderson.
2) Speaking of cool celebrities, Dick Van Dyke was recently seen giving money to folks waiting in line for jobs. What a cool guy!
3) Recently, I discovered the book Gray Day: My Undercover Mission to Expose America\’s First Cyber Spy by Eric O\’Neill. Eric is a former FBI \”ghost\” who helped to take down a traitor within his own organization. It\’s a page-turner and highly recommended. I\’m pretty sure that I finished it in under 48 hours!
4) Ah, the ballet world and the discussion about \”fitness!\” The Washington Post\’s article this week definitely highlights the need for a discussion about ballet dancers and weight. It\’s a good article if you\’re curious about dance culture. Many of the dancers I knew took of smoking or even just stopped eating to make the grade.
5) Lastly, check out a compilation of some of the greatest Tonight Show \”surprises.\” I, too, might have lost my mind if the elevator opened up to reveal Sir Paul McCartney!
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!