Happy Friday and a very Happy Mother\’s Day to all you motherly folks out there! Hope you all had a great week much like these nurses who were honored by the patients they saved.
And guess what? It\’s Friday, my friends! That means that we\’re getting closer to that day where we get to spoil those special moms in our lives and they have to put up with it. That also means it\’s time for another \”5 Things.\” Enjoy!
1) In honor of all those superhero moms out there, check out \”If Mom was a Marvel Superhero\” presented by the folks of It\’s a Southern Thing. All those caring moms out there are definitely superheroes. No question!
2) If you need a little bit of a chuckle this week, check out an unintentional \”border dispute\” between Belgium and France. Those darn border markers!
3) This week I discovered the intriguing story of Sister Berenice Twohill and army nurse Lorna Whyte who forged a strong friendship during WWII. The story is dramatized by the film Sisters of War which I highly recommend! For those \”rabbit hole readers\” like myself, you can also find out more about Sister Berenice who passed away in 2017 at the age of 100.
4) Another news piece recently emerged in favor of investigative podcasts. The podcast Your Own Backyard by freelance journalist Chris Lambert was instrumental in giving the police new leads in a 25-year-old cold case. As a result, two arrests have been made with regard to the murder of Kristin Smart. Hopefully, that means that Kristin will be found soon as well.
5) Last but not least, here\’s a great dessert idea for your chocolate-loving mom! Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake is going to be a winner.
Okay, that\’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and don\’t forget to show some love to a mum!